- Applications: The BK1DI Heater is ideal for pest control in hotels, hospitals, apartments, dorm rooms, military barracks, nursing homes, cruise ships or anywhere else you need to eliminate pests quickly, safely and quietly. Since our heaters are electrically powered, they are extremely quiet, there are NO risks of pesticides and deadly carbon monoxide, unpleasant fumes and odors, fire, explosion and water vapor that cause mold that are associated with gas, kerosene and propanepropane heaters, making this solution the ideal choice for residential and commercial applications.
- Heating Elements: Our SlimLine technology utilizes a continuous Stainless Steel ribbon to eliminate all welds. By eliminating welds, hot spots are eliminated. To reduce the operating temperature, no thru bolts are used, and a parallel element system reduces the watt density. Finally our resistors are designed to withstand vibration, and breakable parts, like ceramics insulators are not used. All this will result in maximum operating life of our resistors. Every SlimLine is fully supported by solid, non-conductive mica panels on the top and bottom to eliminate caving and resistors breaking. In addition, every resistor assembly is fully supported by the resistor assembly underneath it.
- Cooling: The BK1DI's Stainless Steel heating elements are cooled by integrally mounted and powered, single inlet, low noise, 65dBA, 10in., 120V, 1 Phase, 60Hz axial fan with thermally-protected PCS motor. Blower voltage will be taken from the load power. 10in. axial fan is extremely quiet and will provide a low noise working environment.
- Controls: Controls are recessed to prevent accidental damages. Each BK1DI is controlled by a combination of: One 120V/OFF/240V, three position 22mm switch One digital remote thermostat with 2 sensors & 50ft. cables, selectable up to 150deg.F
- Power Connection: Each unit comes with 1x 240V receptacle and 6x 120V receptacles and is rated for 120V/240V, 1 phase, 60Hz. Current consumption on the 120V will be 6x 13A. 6x 15A (9kW) separate circuits are required for operation (for maximum BtuH output) while current consumption on the 240V side will be 1x 37.5A.
- Controls and Fuse Access: The top removable panel allows easy access to all control components and the high-quality fuses (fan and controls).
- Construction and Maneuverability: L = 25in.; W=14in. (W = 18in. with wheels); H = 28in.. The BK1DI is made of heavy-duty, electro-statically powder coated, scratch resistant, rugged sheet metal with expanded metal inlet and exhaust screens. The top panel is easily removable for gaining access to all components for easy maintenance. One lifting handle is provided for easy lifting and maneuvering. Set of two large, 10in. rubber tires with one additional lifting handle are available for purchase.
- Safety: Fuses on the control side, over temperature switch set at 210deg.F (automatic reset) and photoelectric sensor to monitor the airflow. NOTE: Power source shall be fuse protected and grounded.
Electric heat kills insects in all life cycles – Eggs, Larvae, Pupae, and Adults
Flood damage drying
Organic Food Processing
Pet Food Plants